Sunday, November 1, 2009

Venus Williams vs. Serena Williams Doha Championship Final 2009

Venus defeated a surging Jelena Jankovic, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4 in the semifinals, while Serena had a much easier time in her semis. "It's wonderful, I'm so excited," Venus said. "It's the way I wanted to end my year."

Due to an abdominal injury, 19-year-old sensation, Caroline Wozniacki was forced to retire from her semifinal match with Serena while trailing 6-4, 0-1. "It was just too much for me to keep playing," Wozniacki said. "I used all my strength I had left."

The soon-to-be world No.1 appreciated the gutsy effort from her opponent. "She's been struggling throughout the entire tournament," Serena said. "She's just an incredible fighter to come out here today and put up an effort."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger